As we are an eco-friendly yoga studio, we make our own yoga mat cleaner spray. It’s made of essential oils. Easy to make, and the smell is amazing. You’ll be going to find in this article everything you need to know about the ingredients and how to make it.
This is the same recipe we use in our studio.
Making your own DIY yoga mat spray is actually easier than you think and only requires a few simple ingredients
- Small spray bottle
- 1/4 cup which hazel
- 3 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Filtered water 3/4
- optional – 3 drops of jasmine essential oil
- optional – because of COVID-19, you can add also a stronger alcohol disinfectant
Add all the ingredients to your spray bottle, screw on the cap, and mix well. To use, spray generously on your mat, wipe it dry with a reusable cotton towel, and allow to completely dry before rolling it up.
Now go take that yoga class so you can have a good reason to clean your mat.